the Washington, D.C. area?
Consult with your employer to see if they offer relocation assistance. If they do, make sure you understand your relocation package benefits and that you follow the necessary rules and guidelines to ensure you don't jeorpardize those benefits. They may require you to use a specific real estate brokerage or sales agent. If not, I'd be more than glad to help out with the sale of your home here as well as helping you find a home in your new hometown.
The following tools may be helpful to you as you prepare for your move:
Community Explorer -- Not sure which community is right for you in your new state? Answer some simple questions to have the search tool show you options that match your needs.
- Community Comparison -- Now that you've narrowed your search, use this tool to compare your top choices in more detail.
- Job Network -- It's likely that you're not moving by yourself and that there's at least one other person in your household who will also need a job when you move here. Use this tool to start the job search for your husband, wife, partner, significant other, or other family member.
- Homes Across the Country/Around the World -- Long & Foster is part of both a national and international relocation network that provides you with access to wonderful listings from coast-to-coast and overseas as well.
- Salary/Cost of Living -- Your new home area may be quite different than greater Washington, D.C. when it comes to the cost of living. Use this tool to see how far your new salary will take you.
- Move Planner -- This tool helps you ensure you don't forget any major steps for the move and will even create a calendar of when to do what for you to help ensure a smooth move.
- Schools -- If schoolchildren are part of your life, you'll find this tool helpful to research school location, size, test scores, and so much more.
Leaving the Washington, D.C. area?
Use this form to let me know that you'd like to discuss your
upcoming move from the Washington, D.C. area. I'll get back to
you as soon as I can. Thanks!